What I did
Project Dates: March 2022- September2022
- Developed lore, religions, governments, and economies for nine different cultures.
- Created and maintained lore and world building bibles. Worked with the game producer to establish bible templates.
- Designed tutorial island quests that prepare the player for gameplay through immersion and humor. Examples include a prank war, street performances for rum, and giant statue battles.
- Wrote and implemented dialogue for over 50 NPCs with tables.
- Scripted cinematics down to the second using spreadsheets.
Website available here.
Jaima is a tavern owner. Her live talent just quit.
|Stage ID||Dialogue||Options||Response||Next Stage|
|1||Jaima: Where am I supposed to find help at this hour? My other two performers went missing after the bandits started coming around here.|
|Player: I could help||Jaima: Well…we’ve had worse.||2|
|Player: That’s a shame.||Jaima: Hey, you seem drunk and impressionable. How about it?||2|
|2||Jaima: What’s your talent?||Player: Talent? Uh…||Jaima: If you suddenly figure out how to dance or something, come and find me. I’ll be inside by the stage.||End|
|Player: I’m pretty great at drinking rum.||Jaima: I’ve got plenty of people with that sort of talent waiting for me inside. Unless you’ve got the coin to back it up, you’re not fooling anyone.||End|